Mamba Monster X 8S = MORE POWER – COOLER TEMPS – LONGER RUNS
The Castle Creations Mamba Monster X 8S 1/6 Brushless ESC features CRYO-DRIVE™ - Castle’s latest break-through technology. CRYO-DRIVE minimizes the amount of time the ESC’s electrical components spend generating heat. This proprietary software advancement works in parallel with a unique open housing design and a forged elliptical fin heatsink to allow increased directional airflow to cool critical components. Combine this with a high speed 40mm fan and you have a design that maximizes airflow through the system, taking thermal performance to the next level. The results are cooler ESC temperatures, increased runtime and more power handling.
Mamba Monster X 8S is designed for 1/6 scale vehicles weighing up to 25 lbs. with up to 8S LiPo. Compatible models include the Traxxas™ X-Maxx & Unlimited Desert Racer; Arrma™ Kraton 8s & Limitless; Losi™ Super Rock Rey & Audi R8; Redcat™ Shredder.
- Input voltage range 2S-8S LiPo
- Sensored, Sensorless and SmartSense™ running modes
- Powerful Integrated 8A Peak Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- Premium forged heatsink with elliptical fins for superior airflow and increased heat dissipation
- Oversized factory equipped thermally controlled 40mm fan ? Waterproof design for all weather conditions
- ESC is housed in a rugged CNC aluminum case and potted in waterproof epoxy to protect the components and promote efficient heat transfer
- Data-logging capability to capture and record performance data from your vehicle
- Auxiliary wire functionality for “on the-fly” adjustments using your transmitter
- Audible alerts for easy diagnosis of possible issues such as motor over-temperature and low voltage cutoff
- Convenient transmitter programming for six adjustable settings such as cutoff voltage and drag brake
- Easily tune and update ESC with USB and Bluetooth™ programming options
- Castle Link USB programming kit (coupon included with purchase)
- Optional smartphone-based programming with the B-LINK™ Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately) and Castle Link app available on Google Play or Apple App Store
- Proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, Kansas USA and backed by Castle Creations’ 1 year warranty
Product Use Statements:
- Recommended battery capacity for 1:6 scale vehicles is 5000mah. Castle recommends using 50C continuous discharge or higher LiPo batteries.
- Surge ratings should never be used to determine a pack’s suitability for a brushless application.
- Castle recommends a high current connector designed for high-powered electric systems, rated for 100+ amps, such as Castle CC Bullet 6.5mm, CC Bullet 8.0mm, or 6.5mm Polarized Castle Connectors.
- Applying voltages higher than 33.6V will cause irreparable damage to ESC.
- Although Mamba Monster X 8S is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. Always rinse the ESC with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt.
- The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
Application guidelines: 1:6 scale RC hobby vehicles weighing up to 25 lbs
Running Modes: Sensored, Sensorless and SmartSense™ (when paired with a Castle 4-POLE 12SLOT sensored motor)
Input Voltage Range: MIN: 2S LiPo , MAX: 8S LiPo 33.6V
BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. Or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V
Operating environment: Waterproof design enables use in nearly any environment
Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing
On /off switch: Yes, waterproof
Cooling fan: Yes, factory equipped (40mm), fully removable (See Product Use Statements for more info)
Size: L x W x H 69.5mm x 54.1mm x 47mm
Weight (w/wires): 5.75 oz. (163 grams)
Connector type: 6.5mm female bullets for motor connection
Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free Link included) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows™ software, or the Castle Link iOS® or Android® app with B-LINK™ Bluetooth™ Adapter (sold separately).
Telemetry Link Capable: Yes, with Castle Creations Telemetry Link for S.BUS2 and Futaba T4PX and T7PX transmitters.